Soaking..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatrixDJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
What do you soak your tortoise in? I currently use a pyrex 8"x8" for my baby greek. Looking for other ideas, preferably with non see through walls.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
You can use pretty much any container that can be cleaned.....I usually only soak one of my adult CDTs about every week or two ...even though he does get sprinkler action and has his own soaking dish in his enclosure...but this is my guy that was impacted at one time in his life and so for my sense of security as well as his I still soak him for like an hour or so (he usually drinks then falls asleep for how ever long I would leave him soaking...lol I use a big green rubbermaid tote cut short to about two times his horizontal height....this way during soaks he gets good air flow but that is because I only soak during the warm months all the way leading up to the cooler months ...then the CDTs brumate for the winter months....

The little RFs use a clearish plastic box container for each of their soaking every other day.....but they are not such expert soakers as my old man Humphry...:D

You can use anything that will be safe enough that they wont tip it over and appropriate for their size.....:D

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
I just use a Tupperware container or a plastic pet carrier that is large enough to let them wade around while they're in the bath.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I use a tupperware container to I put it in the enclosure under the MVB they seem to like it :cool:

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I use the bath. :p Emrys seems to panic a bit in smaller spaces when he's being soaked, but he loves just lying and relaxing in the bath for a while, and then walking around for a bit in all the space.

MatrixDJ

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I would like to use the tub but I feel like it is too big for the little one yet. I guess I could try it out and see how we feel about it.

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
I soak Wilbur in my kitchen sink. I just make sure the stopper is in nice and tight and let him go. Once a week I use a soft head toothbrush and gently clean his shell.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
When I was in the hospital for 6 long weeks, I got a ton of those tubs they bring things in, mine were pink, so I use those I have like a million of them.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
dmmj said:
When I was in the hospital for 6 long weeks, I got a ton of those tubs they bring things in, mine were pink, so I use those I have like a million of them.

Yeah, that's a good idea. We have one of those, too, except we store supplies in it. But that is about the size of the Tupperware I use to bathe our Russian tortoises (only one per tub, of course).

tortoise-kid

5 Year Member
For my Red Footed Tortoise I just use this little plastic container. Its has stayed with me through out my tortoise's years.

Status
Not open for further replies.