Soaking Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

samstar

5 Year Member
tjm1302 said:
Do i need to "soak" my star tortoise? How often? Soaking is just sitting him/her in 1 cm of water for a bit right? please help... new to this species!

It all depends on your climate conditions, if it is very dry and your Star does not soak itself in the water dish than yes you should soak it every day or alternate days. Mine does go into the water dish but I still soak him every other day, there is no harm but more to gain. the water level should be at where the carapace meets the plastron(where the bottom and top shell meet). So maybe for a hatchling, say about 4-5mm. Water should be luke warm.

tjm1302

5 Year Member
thanks Samstar.. my water level is what you state. And he didn't seem to mind being put in the water. He didn't struggle to get out. He doesn't really struggle at all. RIght now he is off his food, and just wants to hide. Any suggestions would be handy. I haven't seen him eat anything at all today.

samstar

5 Year Member
tjm1302 said:
thanks Samstar.. my water level is what you state. And he didn't seem to mind being put in the water. He didn't struggle to get out. He doesn't really struggle at all. RIght now he is off his food, and just wants to hide. Any suggestions would be handy. I haven't seen him eat anything at all today.

They love hibiscus, try feeding it hibiscus and get his feces tested for worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.