Soaking 3 week old Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

randy

5 Year Member
imagesCA3NWYJ0.jpgI have 2 of the terra pot saucers in my babies tank, they are kind of shallow so I was wanting to know if I should get one a little deeper? Also I soak her for about 10-15 minutes in luke warm to warm water every day since I got her, can she be soaked twice a day or would that not be good, I usually soak her after a 30-45 minute romp in the yard so I was wondering if she went out more than once a day if I could soak her again.

Also quick question about spraying the tank/habitate, the area under the 100 watt zoo med heat lamp gets dry very quickly, the warm hide which is 1/2 way of tank and outside of the direct light but still in the outskirts of the light, the cool hide is all the way on the other side of the tank. I spray the tank at least three times each day, once after I take her outside and before I put her back into her home, one time usually early evening and then again before I go to bed usually around 9 p.m. The humidity on the 1/2 to cool side is usually around low to mid 70% with the temperature from mid 70's to low 80's, I guess I'm afraid that maybe I'm spraying down the tank a little much and then I worry if I forget to spray it down that I'm going to do alot of harm. Any quick advise on this would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Babies can be soaked twice a day. In the hot summer months I usually soak them in the morning and then again after sunning. Anywhere from 15-30 minutes usually.

I wouldn't worry too much about all the humidity stuff. It sounds like you are doing enough and as long as there are humid hides available, I think your little torty will be fine.

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
For the terra cotta pot bottom it's fine but i suggest getting something with higher walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.