Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
So was out grazing this a.m. and I had my camera, so took a new picture. I sure wish I could get them out to weigh them. She's just growing so fast!

Yvonne

aldabran-1.jpg

Aldabran-2.jpg

I realize she's sorta' bumpy. Only thing I can figure I did wrong is I don't have any humidity in their shed...and never have, even before the shed. Guess I should have invested in a humidifier.

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Yvonne, Great pictures.. I loving seeing them out and about!!! Just wondering and Im sure you do (lol) have some kind of measurements of them? They look so HUGE in the pictures.. I would love to know what they measure.. Beautiful Pictures..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They're a little over 2' long and about a foot and a half tall, not counting their legs.

Yvonne

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Must have been picture day in your yard. :) Don't see too many of this type, even on this forum. So cool.

Looks like you have quite the tort buffet out there. Not much grass and a bunch of broadleafs!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
tortoisenerd said:
Must have been picture day in your yard. :) Don't see too many of this type, even on this forum. So cool.

Looks like you have quite the tort buffet out there. Not much grass and a bunch of broadleafs!

Their pen is loaded with a BIG variety of different grasses and weeds. However, every morning they come out to that part of the fence (just like the Russians) and sun to warm up. Consequently, when they're warm they start grazing right there. If I had shown a shot behind me you would see that the grass is about a foot tall and the weeds are blooming and going to seed...but they eat right there where you see them, and I have to take the weed-eater to the rest of the yard. One of these days I'll have to build a gate into their yard so I can bring the lawn mower in (and get them out to go to the scale!)

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
So is lovely. She looks so healthy and happy Yvonne great job with her.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Wow she's huge Yvonne. Lovely to have these gentle giants in your yard :) You sure are lucky! She looks very happy in her enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.