So-called Organic insect spray, harmful to tortoises?

aberth

Location (City and/or State)
Hyde Park
The mosquitos in the Hudson River Valley of New York state last summer were unbearable. Friends used an organic pest control person that they said worked well. I called them and here is a list of their ingredients, are any of them harmful? I would like to give my tortoise some backyard access, he really enjoys some exercise in the fenced in yard. The company said it was safe for dogs and cats, but did not know about smaller creatures in the grass. Perhaps some of you might have some knowledge of this, I would appreciate any advice or previous experiences because I really need to think about this now, before spring hits. Thank you so much!

Rosemary oil
Geraniol
Peppermint oil
white mineral oil
wintergreen oil
Vanillin
Polyglyceryl Oleate

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Organic does not mean non toxic. Rattlesnake venom is 100% natural and organic.

I wouldn't want any of that stuff sprayed around where my tortoises are going to be. I plant citronella plant around the yard and in pots in areas that the tortoises can't get to. This helps. Burning citronella candles helps too.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
If it's rained at all since it was applied, I wouldn't worry at all.

Going forward, if it's applied again, I'd see how they apply it. And then maybe limit access to the area immediately after its applied.

Essential oils can be an irritant when they come into contact with skin, or an animal or person is confined to a small area full of fumes.