Snake hammock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

froghaven5

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Ok this may seem like a weird question, but has anyone ever heard of a snake hammock. Our milksnake Spitfire likes to stay at the top of his tank in the cardboard my son never took of the wire lid that is on the tanks. It seems that it won't last too much longer and I'd like to replace it with something a bit more permanent. I did a search, but didn't see what I'm looking for. I guess it would be a bit like a ferrets hammock

100_1522.jpg

100_1512.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They make them for birds that I'll bet would work. Try GOOGLing "bird snuggle."

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I saw some type of hammock at Petco or Petsmart I don't remember which. It was for lizards or snakes or some type of reptile. We only look at reptile goodies.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
485546_091229210205_hammock.jpg

image-512.png

Maybe try something like this? I have had these in the past and they work well for lizards but not snakes. I think what the snake is honestly looking for is something high and tight fitting. Maybe try a paper towel roll. Squish it down flat. Snakes like to feel secure so I'm sure that this spot he is hiding it providing just this for him.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
snakes love warmth(heat rises) and hides( small confined warm places) ..You could make a small bird house with a branch leading to the Hole...

Just make sure the hole is big enough for him to get in and out of after a meal..

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
The lizard hammock is a bit too small and I don't think it would be dark enough for a hide. I'm still thinking more like a ferret's hammock.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp
productId=2753372

Something like a bird house or perhaps hollow tree trunk would work.....

Funny cause the cornsnake just immediately goes undercover below substrate or under water dish after she eats. She is definitely different from the milk.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
LOL that's adorable, and a beautiful snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.