Smart Tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I was checking the electric supply to the tort house this evening,I turned the switch to the 7.5 watt light on (i can see this light from the back door and can tell if the power is on to the tort house without going outside) I then went into the garage to turn the circuit breaker on,and in the couple minutes I was gone, the Mt Torts saw the light and headed inside for the night,this is the first time they have used their house since April when I turned the power off to it. Just more proof of the intelligence of tortoises and that they are not just an animal of habit. ---Anyone else noticed behavior similar to this with their tortoises ?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
I have with Fernando my DT. Lately it's been cool at night here (around low 60's) so I've turned on Fernando's heat emitter in his doghouse enclosure. Before he would hide under bushes and sometimes he would go into the enclosure and others I would find him somewhere else hiding in the yard, but not now he's in his enclosure every night since it's been colder. That's smart that he knows where to find heat when he needs it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.