Small Painted Turtle Hit By A Car

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Terrible story for this guy. I saw him the road, and as I was waking over to help him this giant JERK in a giant SUV runs over the poor thing! :mad::mad::mad::mad: And they saw me! Saw the turtle, too, I bet...
0716151148a.jpg
Flew right into the next lane! Honestly, I feel like this guy is lucky to be alive. The tire must have JUST clipped him.
Male painted turtle, I think a midland.
Anyway... He was bleeding so I put a wet teabag on it and watched him swim away into the river after I made sure there were side effects/internal injuries.
0716151148.jpg
Flat Stanley is probably a few miles down river now! :D Gosh, I hate people who don't care what they hit... :mad::(:mad::mad::mad:
But all the best to him. Hopefully he'll stay away from roads in the future.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's amazing what terrible injuries wild turtles are able to recover from. You did your good deed for the day. Good job!!!:):<3:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm with you. Hate that some people just don't care. Glad you were there to get him off the road before another idiot hits him again. Hopefully, love the name you gave him, Flat Stanley will be okay to live for many years. Maybe even become a ninja turtle and give pay backs to the jerk and good times for you.:D

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I'm with you. Hate that some people just don't care. Glad you were there to get him off the road before another idiot hits him again. Hopefully, love the name you gave him, Flat Stanley will be okay to live for many years. Maybe even become a ninja turtle and give pay backs to the jerk and good times for you.:D
And he'll be serving turtle justice everywhere!