Slime

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Any of you turtle keepers have a method for removing slug slime from dishes etc? I have numerous box turtles and a yard full of worms and slugs...So I gather them every other day or so...in a plastic dish...and the slime grosses me out and is so hard to remove...
100_0956.JPG
100_0951.JPG
yucky
100_0950.JPG

Jan A

Boulder, CO
*Fight The Blob gang sign*
My 2nd or 3rd favorite movie, "The Blob" w/Steve McQueen. The "Horror at Party Beach" is #1.

Hot water gets it into the drain, but does it then clog your drain like bacon grease?

I have never truly focused on slime reality in my life even working at Dairy Queen

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
salt water......and that first pic is just nasty Mags!

gooey, scrumptious nastiness.....

but salt water will make the slime vanish but then will leave a salt mark unless rinsed, just don't get it on the live slugs or they will melt like the Wicked witch of the West!

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
Any of you turtle keepers have a method for removing slug slime from dishes etc? I have numerous box turtles and a yard full of worms and slugs...So I gather them every other day or so...in a plastic dish...and the slime grosses me out and is so hard to remove...
View attachment 336040
View attachment 336041
yucky
View attachment 336042
I have luck using “Bar Keepers Friend” or “Bon Ami” cleansing powder. It is non-toxic. I sprinkle it dry onto the slime and leave it for a few minutes. Then I scrub with as little water as possible and rinse thoroughly with clean water. The powder absorbs most of the slime.