Sleeping problems?

Lucas791

Why hermanns tortoise when I first got him, used to use his flower pot hide a lot, now he barely ever uses it, he even sleeps out on the open kinda propped up in the corner of his tub, should I be worried?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Maybe the flower pot wasn't right. Is it a half pot? A whole pot is too open. Get a half log or cut a plastic pot in half lengthwise, and position the new hiding place in the corner where he likes to sleep.

Lucas791

Yvonne G said:
Maybe the flower pot wasn't right. Is it a half pot? A whole pot is too open. Get a half log or cut a plastic pot in half lengthwise, and position the new hiding place in the corner where he likes to sleep.

The pot is half buried so when he is in it it's very closed in on him so he feels secure, if that's what you're meaning.

WillTort2

5 Year Member
This time of year my Russians like to sleep in the corner closest to the heater; or the warmest spot of the enclosures. Keep in mind, I allow their night temperature to drop down to about 65 degrees

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
used to use his flower pot hide a lot, now he barely ever uses it, he even sleeps out on the open kinda propped up in the corner of his tub, should I be worried?

Nope, I would not worry.