Sleeping in waterbowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Blackburn, U.K.
Well tiago has a hide which he slept in the first couple o nights full of dry leaves in that he loves to bury himself in but last night he slept in his waterbowl? Why...He id not dehydrate at all no signs...i see him drink atleat once a day... :/ is it because the heat matt runs under the waterbowl and the hide and the water will be warm?
what is it? Thankyou!

jbean7916

5 Year Member
maybe it was just more comfortable for him. I wouldn't stress about it. We can't always know why they do what they do and it doesn't always mean something is wrong.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
My Burmese Brown tortoises likes to sleep in her water bowl outdoors in the sun. I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as there are no signs of health or other problems.

DSC01759.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

DolanKoops

5 Year Member
Lol awww that is so cute that picture of it asleep in the bowl it's brilliant

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Move the water bowl, it's not good that they sleep to much in humid conditions, they can get she'll problems, move the water to the cool side, it's probably the heat that's attracting him.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
He ignored it last night he slept in his hide,
It is on the cool side... thye heat matt is underthe hide at night and a bit of the heat matt is on the water but alls good,
Just a one off i think!

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
My Sullys will do the same thing occasionally, Ty. They have a roomy-warm humid hide to sleep in, but every once in awhile I'll see one or two of them snoozing in the water bowl. Mine's under the CHE so maybe they think it's a relaxing hot tub? :);)

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
NY
GBtortoises said:
My Burmese Brown tortoises likes to sleep in her water bowl outdoors in the sun. I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as there are no signs of health or other problems.

DSC01759.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

SO CUUUTE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.