Sleeping Aldabran - cutest tortoise ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AldabraNerd

5 Year Member
Dear All,
Here's a photo of a male Aldabra tortoise, who found the perfect place to sleep: 5 meters away from the beach, catching the very last rays of sunshine on his beautiful face. For some reason, I love the Aldabrans' eyelids. Their soft leathery-ness is in stark contrast to the shell & the hard scales covering the rest of the animal.

11hv1u0.jpg

I am the luckiest man alive, to lie down next to this guy & briefly share his island :tort:

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston, MA
Wow, sounds like an incredible location, where ever you are! And you are indeed a lucky man!! :) Beautiful picture!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
AldabraNerd said:
For some reason, I love the Aldabrans' eyelids. Their soft leathery-ness is in stark contrast to the shell & the hard scales covering the rest of the animal.

I agree! It seems the only thing missing are eyelashes...they have the perfect eyes for it!:D

AldabraNerd

5 Year Member
DeanS said:
I agree! It seems the only thing missing are eyelashes...they have the perfect eyes for it!:D

..now there's an idea for next halloween on the atoll! Thanks to all for your kind words; I'm glad you liked him!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Your a lucky guy wish i had the room for one. Nice pic you have an eye for photography

Status
Not open for further replies.