Skin color changing?

timus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eastern Shore of Maryland
I first noticed this a few days ago and am unsure if it just natural color chance of the skin. You can clearly see the drastic difference in the coloration around the eyes. Is this normal or is something amiss? This is the same kiddo. First pic is no long after I hey got here, second is from about a 10 days ago and the last is recent. The area around the eye has become grey. There’s been no change in its behavior at all and it’s eating and growing very well. Soaked daily and regular poops. So is this a concern or just changing as it grows. 6952C8D5-9159-4300-9CDE-5BAD9650538B.jpegDAA151F7-AB9F-4B46-AF74-B66E5967016F.jpegA3BFFF93-54D2-4BA0-8897-34F7D319B9A7.jpeg

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
That’s interesting. I have no idea what it is, but the first thing that came to mind was maybe the little one is growing and the scales aren’t keeping up with the growth? You know how when the shell grows and the new growth is lighter for a bit. It’s just a thought I had, but please understand I don’t have the knowledge or experience to back up my thought here. Hopefully someone can give a more educated opinion. I assume none of the other babies are displaying this?

timus

5 Year Member
Eastern Shore of Maryland
That’s interesting. I have no idea what it is, but the first thing that came to mind was maybe the little one is growing and the scales aren’t keeping up with the growth? You know how when the shell grows and the new growth is lighter for a bit. It’s just a thought I had, but please understand I don’t have the knowledge or experience to back up my thought here. Hopefully someone can give a more educated opinion. I assume none of the other babies are displaying this?
There could be merit to you thought. I mean there’s no changes other than that. The diet is great. The set up is great. They are all active. They are growing too. I’ll watch. I mean look at the nose. I don’t suspect it to have a white nose as an adult.