"SIDESHOW TURTLES"?? I don't like this :(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I have to hope it is unintentional, though to be honest I can certainly think of a few easy ways to do this. Look at those claws. sad.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I hope it wasn't intended. I do t really like the term side show, however, I think it's pretty cool ther he was willing to give them a home that I think most would not?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would take them in an instant, I have a soft spot for rRES

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Yah but if people call animals side shows then they may treat them with less care because they are just a side show animal

Sideshow ;

a subordinate event or incident

the act of publicly exhibiting or entertaining; "a remarkable show of skill"

Now, I completely understand that the word "nowadays" is on the don't use --because someone may get offended....however, there is no reason for the word or company to be cast down for its use.....if we separate our feelings from the black and white of the word and don't let them waiver one another---then I do not see what the disturbance is truly about....again, I do not believe the animal in this case could care less.....what I do see is someone who has continued to care for a less than perfect living creature until that animal was brought into health so it is now able to be placed in a forever home with someone who is fully aware of potential heal issues as time goes on.....if the person would have used words such as deformed, mutilated then someone would have been offended by those as well...just my guess anyway.....

Turtlepete

South Florida
Actually, the poster of the ad sounds quite intelligent and passionate about the animals. Admiring them for being a "fluke" or "freak" isn't exactly evil. I doubt these animals were made that way intentionally. RES are mass-produced and deformations aren't even slightly uncommon. Not pretty to see, but at least this guy gave the turtles a decent home.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
When I start to learn the real English, I found out the word "sideshow" are for people to entertain, not in sympathize or in compassion from some less fortunate people or animal and objects.

I hope this person who are sale those less fortunate turtles are just like what you guessed with kind heart and good care of those guys ( I just use "guys" not poor guys, because those turtles may not think the deformation of them are a "poor" thing, some of us do think they are poor) with high respect to them.

But the odd thing to me is, he use the word "sideshow". That discounted his great image in my judgement.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
i'm not exactly sure how i feel about this but as turtlepete said the person seems to have a passion for them doesn't mean they did it on purpose

if you go to Venice beach california on the board walk there is a place called venice beach freak show the owner has a bunch of 2 headed animal's that are doing just fine such as a few different 2 headed turtles a 2 head snake and a 2 headed bearded dragon