Sick tortoise?

Twin65

Location (City and/or State)
Plantation
My sulcata is 4 months old and had been acting strange. He has thrown up, seems to he in distress and now I see a lump on the back if it's neck. He is not eating seems to have trouble breathing I saw bubble in its nose after soaking today then he threw up some bubbles and white stuff. The lump just showed up and freaked me out. Any input will he greatly appreciated.

Sa Ga

MN
My sulcata is 4 months old and had been acting strange. He has thrown up, seems to he in distress and now I see a lump on the back if it's neck. He is not eating seems to have trouble breathing I saw bubble in its nose after soaking today then he threw up some bubbles and white stuff. The lump just showed up and freaked me out. Any input will he greatly appreciated.
It sounds like he has a URI (upper respiratory infection). Those are serious. The lump could be a swollen gland if it's an infection (can u post a pic?) or a bite maybe?

Take him to an experienced, reliable tort vet as soon as you can.

Twin65

Plantation
It sounds like he has a URI (upper respiratory infection). Those are serious. The lump could be a swollen gland if it's an infection (can u post a pic?) or a bite maybe?

Take him to an experienced, reliable tort vet as soon as you can.

20200416_180255.jpg

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Can he get to a vet? Could something have bitten him?

Twin65

Plantation
Can he get to a vet? Could something have bitten him?
I don't think he could have been bit and the symptoms started before the lump. The lump just showed up half an hour ago. It's so sad to see him this way

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
It looks like something may be stuck under the skin fold . It just appeared out of nowhere?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
raise ur temps In the enclosure for now.. not below 85 anywhere in the enclosure day or night.. that might help the RI. That lump i have no idea..can u get him to stretch his neck out fully?

Sa Ga

MN
Wow
A cyst? Is it hard or soft? Does it move easily under the skin or is it pretty fixed (stuck)? Is it tender for him when u touch it?

Honestly, I would search high and low to find a vet that could see him asap. I know my vet is open reduced hrs, so there may be in ur area too. Google your local Herp Society or if there are any tort rescues in your area that may know of one.

Please find him help asap and keep us posted ! He's absolutely precious. ❤

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I just dont think a cyst would just show up suddenly.. it would start smaller and get bigger w time.. not just appear out of nowhere

Sa Ga

MN
I just dont think a cyst would just show up suddenly.. it would start smaller and get bigger w time.. not just appear out of nowhere
An overachiever cyst?

Hmmmm...could he have been stung by something?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There are some very good tortoise vets in Florida. Are you anywhere near Tequesta? Dr. K practices there and she has a sulcata of her own. This baby can't wait too long to have that bump on the neck looked at. That's a dangerous place to have any kind of swelling.

Twin65

Plantation
There are some very good tortoise vets in Florida. Are you anywhere near Tequesta? Dr. K practices there and she has a sulcata of her own. This baby can't wait too long to have that bump on the neck looked at. That's a dangerous place to have any kind of swelling.
I'm in south Florida I'm thinking if calling my supplier tomorrow and ask them if they have any ideas.