Showing Off My Pretty Girl

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Very pretty girl! I don't think that pyramiding is bad at all. As long as she's healthy that's really all that matters.

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
I don't have Leopards but there are two at the local zoo five minutes down the road that I secretly think of as mine. They are pyramided much worse than this. I have pictures, but I just got a new phone and they aren't on here.

I think your tortoise is beautiful. Worrying about pyramding is okay, but sometimes we put so much emphasis on it. If your tort is healthy, alert, and active then I would not worry too much.

klawran1

5 Year Member
Acworth, GA
I don't have Leopards but there are two at the local zoo five minutes down the road that I secretly think of as mine. They are pyramided much worse than this. I have pictures, but I just got a new phone and they aren't on here.

I think your tortoise is beautiful. Worrying about pyramding is okay, but sometimes we put so much emphasis on it. If your tort is healthy, alert, and active then I would not worry too much.

I don't worry about it anymore, I just don't like it. :) And I would love to see your secret leopards. :p

klawran1

5 Year Member
Acworth, GA
She is beautiful. I like the lighter leopards :cool:

Thanks. The breeder I got her from years and years ago said she'd be high white. I would like to get another one in the next year or so now that my situation is much better than it was 2 years ago when I downsized my collection. It killed me to let those go, but they went to amazing homes and I still get to check up on them. Maybe next year. I'd love a S. p. pardalis. My worry is I'll get another, either exactly like her or whatever, and it'll be a male. I don't want to breed her or take away her space once I have to fence them off from each other. Which if I get another female and one of them is aggressive, I'd have to separate anyway so.... Decisions....

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hell leopards pyramid in the wild . I think she looks awesome!

klawran1

5 Year Member
Acworth, GA
IMAG3367.jpg Well this is her on a regular sized tile eating a baked pumpkin. (Small cooking pumpkin) Not sure on her exact measurements. She feels heavier than my 11 pound cat, but it could just be because she's compact.

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
She is beautiful. I always like when the rear of the shell begins to flare out like that.

And watch out for @saginawhxc he thinks every reptile he comes across belongs to him. He is probably already building a room in his tortoise shed for your Cleo......

(just joking....... kind of......)

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
Little do you know, I've already stolen it. I am from Saginaw.

(For those not from Michigan it is per capita one of the most crime ridden cities in the states.)

((I shouldn't joke about this. With the crappy luck I have someone will steal this tortoise and I would end up prime suspect number one.))

(((Great... I've made a hypothetical stolen tortoise of somebody else all about me. I'm kind of horrible about that. So let me amend that last statement and say: I shouldn't joke about that because it would be horrible to have your tortoise stolen.)))

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Too funny, I was just going to say she looks terrible and very unhealthy and she should come live with me! I have a couple makes that would love her.
Just kidding though of course about her looking bad. She is beautiful. She should still come live with me though:D

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
@klawran1 You better look in to some GPS tracking and a 24 hour security guard for Ms Cleo....... You never know about these TFO tortoise junkies.....

Did I mention I do Tortoise security? I would happily watch Cleo and make sure none of these weirdos steal her...... You can trust me..... I swear.....

klawran1

5 Year Member
Acworth, GA
Haha! Ya'll are the best. I'll be sure to microchip her or something. :p She's hanging out in her heat box today with the cold. Ya'll can come visit all you want, but the security cameras are in place. ;)