Should I worry about Lola's face?

emmamai

Location (City and/or State)
Surrey, uk
Hi,
I'm new to the tortoise world and too the web site so I hope I'm posting in the correct place.
Lola's a 6wk old Greek tort and has settled into her home well. She's eating well and seems to be drinking from her dish along with her daily baths. But today I noticed a lump/growth/splinter?! Appear on her right cheek. I'm unsure of what it is or how she got it so I'm hoping someone may have a clue?image.jpgimage.jpg

She was happy to let me touch it/ try to brush it off, and happier still to be stroked. It's defiantly attached so I didn't want to fiddle too much incase I hurt her. She did rud it with her arm once she was back in her cage so I don't think it feels nice to her.

Can anyone shed any light on it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You might want to enlist the services of a good veterinarian. If its something like a wart, it might be contagious, and removing it might bleed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Mouth rot (stomatitis) sometimes shows up as a lesion on the face around the mouth. But only a vet or experienced tortoise person, seeing the tortoise in real life, will know for sure.

747117wei24kafiu.gif

emmamai

Surrey, uk
Just wondering if anyone else knows or could guess what has appeared on Lola's face. I've looked into mouth rot as suggested but doesn't seem to fit the bill (I no I'm no expert)
I'm wondering if torts can get splinters? Although I'm not sure what she could have got it from?! The pics don't give a great view of the 'concerned area' but it's defiantly attached, more at the bottom of it and the tip isn't (which is why I am thinking splinter)
I will obviously take her to see a vet at the weekend (I can't get there before) it doesn't get solved, but I'm hoping I can help her out ASAP.
She doesn't seemed concerned by it, happily eating, walking around and enjoying a stroke

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
They can,but it's kind of unusual too because of their tough skin, but it shouldn't cause a bump. And sometimes an infection can cause a little tortoise pimple :D but the vet should be able to take care of it.