"Shell Saver" a shell moisturizer

Alexio

Location (City and/or State)
Syracuse, New York
Hello all , I recently purchased this "Turtle and Tortoise shell Saver moisturizer and conditioner for shells" I will attempt to attach pictures. I bought this in a petstore and after living in these forums for the last 3 weeks I have become extremely leery of pet stores. I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge with this product? And if it's safe for young leopard tortoises? The directions say to make sure the shell is dry and rub in a small amount I have used it once and the lil guy really seemed to like getting rubbed with it on the top part of the shell. I hope it's okay it does make his shell really vibrant and black and it doesn't appear to have negatively affected him so far.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Hmm it sounds better than some of the stuff out there. I just use straight up cold pressed coconut oil on my guys about 2x a month. Some people have concerns about products like these blocking UVB absorption and being a poor substitute for not having enough humidity. I have personally seen no negative effects yet with using coconut oil for the last year, but time will tell I suppose.

Kasia

Poland
Benzyl benzoate is irritant to the skin. Besides that nothing to worry about :p