She'll problem, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanksmums

5 Year Member
My 6 year old Yellow Foot is really bright and well, eating well, really active etc, but around 2 weeks ago we noticed a clear-yellow coloured liquid oozing out from between her scutes on her carapace. Worrying that is may be shell rot we have been cleaning it with chlorhexidine, it has been swabbed but the swab came back negative for aerobic and anaerobic bacteria and fungi, and she is currently on fortum injectable antibiotics every three days. Could it still be shell rot? If it isn't then what else could it be? We are so worried that we are not treating it right if it is something different but dot know what it could be :( We're also worried how it has happened as we are pretty certain we have got her environment all set up correctly. If anyone has any ideas or advice we'd love to hear from you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    748.9 KB · Views: 74

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, tanksmum!

It looks to me as if the tender new growth in that area has been injured in some way...like maybe too close to the heat source?????

The fluid probably isn't much to worry about. Its just the serum seeping through the injury. It should stop and scab over.

tanksmums

5 Year Member
Thank you for your reply, that would be a possibility and I do hope it is that and nothing more serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.