Shell markings

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurenanddiego

5 Year Member
It might just be me being paranoid but today I noticed that the underneath of Diego's shell has some very dark markings. He's a Turkish Spur Thigh, and the top of his shell does have some very dark markings, There's always been some little ones underneath, but it's mostly been a cream colour. Is this just to do with him growing and his markings changing or is it something to investigate?

Thanks guys,

Lauren

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Photos would help greatly but generally speaking it sounds like the normal markings found on any Greek tortoise subspecies. The colors and patterns of many subspecies of Greeks will change somewhat as they mature.

laurenanddiego

5 Year Member
Thanks for your speedy replies guys, ....
I'm struggling uploading the pics, I'm going to keep trying though. A little more concerned today though, he's been over sleeping alot lately, usually he's up before I leave for work at 7:30 am, today he wasn't, I came home from work at 2:30 pm and he was still in bed. Has anyone gt an ideas why this might be?
Thanks for yur help.
Lauren :)

Arghhhh I'm having no luck uploading any pics, how do you do it? Alternitavley Has anyone got an email address I could send the pics too?
Thanks Lauren
:)

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Without knowing the conditions of his environment it is impossible to even guess what might be going on (if anything) with your tortoise. Assuming from your post that your tortoise is being maintained indoors it will be helpful to know the average ambient temperature day & night, basking temperature, ambient humidity, general diet, how often your tortoise is receiving water, etc... Tortoises, once in a new environment for a while will usually establish a routine. That isn't to say that routine is chiseled in stone each and every day. It will most likely vary somewhat based on season, light, temperature and humidity variances and other factors. There may be no issue at with your tortoise. But without some additional information it will be impossible for anyone here to help.

laurenanddiego

5 Year Member
I recently put in some different substrate, the pet shop had run out of the usual one, but their torts live on it so I figured he would be ok on it for a week. He has also moved from his usual living place downstairs, into a bedroom upstairs. Could these factors contribute to his sudden change in behaviour? Once he's awake he's lively and eats well. His diet consists mainly of dandilion and clover, I give him fresh water daily, although I rarely see him drink from his dish, he has a bath 3 or 4 times a week, and often drinks whilst bathing. I do have some pictures of his enclosure, I've got them on my laptop but I'm struggling to get them onto the forum. His daytime temp is around 35 degrees c.
He's gone back to bed now so he's only been awake for two hours today, he's usually much more lively than this.

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
TN
IMG-20110831-00028.jpg

IMG-20110831-00029.jpg

IMG-20110831-00027.jpg

IMG-20110831-00034.jpg

Here are some pics of Lauren's tort!!

Status
Not open for further replies.