She really enjoys the attention.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Mia enjoys a good shell rub almost as much as she loves cactus, *almost*. hahaha
She also loves my shoes and has come to associate them with, "the lady who might have cactus." LOL.
It was love at first sight with Mia, and she's grown in our hearts, full to burst.
Here is a little video of her in the yard with me this evening.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
She's made herself at home quickly I see. I love how they think if their head fits they should be able to go through it.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
She's made herself at home quickly I see. I love how they think if their head fits they should be able to go through it.
Oh yes. As soon as she explored the yard, picked her favorite places to nap, observe, hide, and eat...it's as if she's always been here. She likes everyone in the family but very obviously prefers the lady with the blue and green shoes. :D
Cactus might have a little something to do with that LOL.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
How's she doing with grazing? Has she taken to grazing the grass and weeds? If I remember correctly, she was housed indoors before...right?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
How's she doing with grazing? Has she taken to grazing the grass and weeds? If I remember correctly, she was housed indoors before...right?

She grazes but she's a little picky about what she grazes on. She likes wider bladed grasses and seems uninterested in Bermuda, which is the predominant grass in the tortoise yards. I'm seeing the same thing with my younger leopards too though, when it comes to grasses.