shark snuggles

Prairie Mom

Hey fish lovers,
My sister sent this to me. It made me melt!...
<div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-video" data-allowfullscreen="1" data-href="/Kurdsat/videos/vb.208602109389/10153347970874390/?type=3"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite=" "><a href=" ">بۆ شێلان وەستاوە</a><p>بۆ شێلان وەستاوە :)</p>Posted by <a href="httion</a> on Saturday, May 16, 2015</blockquote></div></div>

Last edited:

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
are sharks fish?

Prairie Mom

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hey fish lovers,
My sister sent this to me. It made me melt!...
<div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-video" data-allowfullscreen="1" data-href="/Kurdsat/videos/vb.208602109389/10153347970874390/?type=3"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite=" "><a href=" ">بۆ شێلان وەستاوە</a><p>بۆ شێلان وەستاوە :)</p>Posted by <a href="httion</a> on Saturday, May 16, 2015</blockquote></div></div>
Absolutely heartmelting stuff.
beautiful.

thehowards

5 Year Member
Central FL
This is cool and if you like this you should check out @sharkaddicts on Instagram. They are a conservation and education group out to show that sharks are not mindless killing machines. He swims with wild sharks no suit of armor or cage to protect him. He pulls hooks out of their mouths and they even come up for head rubs. Plus it is more than one breed he works with.

Prairie Mom

This is really a heart warming video.
I thought so too! I really like that the keeper holds on to the shark to give him the rubs, but when it's obvious the shark is finished he lets it carefully swim away. So sweet.

Prairie Mom

Here is a vid of a hook removal you should check them out they have lots of YouTube videos too.

Oh!!! That was wonderful!!! Thank you! I'm so impressed that the shark allowed them to do that without feeling threatened! Incredible!

My seven year old daughter LOVES sharks she's obsessed with them. She doesn't like to watch them hunt and eat, but she saw them at an aquarium being down-right snuggly together and has wanted to love on them since:) About your previous comment that they're not just killing machines...I totally agree with you. On the whole, I like to take the stance that there is more to animals than we typically see and can even understand.