Sex Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
Figured that title would get some attention. I have a male and two female adult leopards. I have seen my male chase and try to mount one of the females a lot lately. However, yesterday I come home and the female is trying to mount the male - up on his back, thrusting, mouth opening and everything.

Is this normal? some crazy powerplay perhaps? I seperated them and she got mad and ran away. He just kept on eating grass... :p

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Weird things start happening throughout this time of year, which for the most part is breeding and egg laying season.

I've never seen any of my females mount the males or each other, but I have heard it does happen.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Only thing I have learned is not to answer this question with "yes please".

kingskettle

5 Year Member
Having read Greg's query, I wonder if that might mean that my supposed girl who had been seen rock climbing----so to speak-----could still be female???

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Are you sure of the sexes? That is pretty unusual leopard behavior, but certainly possible.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Yeah thats normal one of my females has been doing it a lot lately. Post pics of your tortoises plastrons in case your not positive on the sexes.

Status
Not open for further replies.