Seeds from Carolina Pet Supply..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Got 'em? Can you tell me about them? I know many of you on here have bought them and grown them [or seeds from other sites], do you grow them inside? Outside? Can I grow them on my patio [direct sunlight during the daytime]? Do they grow quick? Have you a lot of "duds" that don't grow?

And if you get seeds from somewhere else, let me know please =]
All comments and suggestions are very welcome, as I'd like to start growing all of Ernie's diet here at home.

[As you can tell, I don't have much of a green thumb :p]

Thanks in advance!

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I live in Arizona....I made a little place in my back yard where I threw a whole bunch of seeds.

First, I briefly watered the area to moisten where I was going to plant the seeds.
Next, I scattered seeds on the moist ground.
After, I layed a very very thin layer of soil on top of the seeds. I didn't completely cover all the seeds....actually I could see at least half of the seeds still.
Last, I watered the area again to moisten the soil I just laid down.

This has worked for me IN ARIZONA and I just water the area every few days.....more so in the beginning until the plants have established roots in the ground.

Also, on the website they have some instructions:
http://www.carolinapetsupply.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=page&id=3&chapter=0

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have had very good luck getting Joe's seeds to grow (Carolina Pet Supply). But I've also bought seeds from Turtlestuff.com.

I have never tried to grow them indoors, but they sprout readily outside. I sow them the same way as gummybearpoop.

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
i personally am not patient enough to wait for seeds in the mail so I bought some packets of curly endive, lettuce mix(red leaf, romaine, &others ), &wheat grass at my l o w e s and they sprouted already. I bought them last week and planted them on myapartment balcony.
The way the weather has been last few days, I brought some inside and put them under a plant light & they sprouted very quickly.
As for Carolina, its cool cos you can get different varieties you wont find too easily elsewhere.
(Dare I say "VARIETY"!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.