Seed mix suggestions

piratepixie26

So I will be picking up my Hermann on Saturday and want to get some planting done as soon as I can. Does anyone have any suggestions for seed mixes. I've seen some on Amazon but I can't see which kinds are the best. They'll be grown in a growbox or two. I'll likely buy some safe flower seeds to grow inside the house and the weeds can be grown outside in my small plot of soil.

Appreciate any links or help given. I'm in the UK if this helps. Thanks!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
So I will be picking up my Hermann on Saturday and want to get some planting done as soon as I can. Does anyone have any suggestions for seed mixes. I've seen some on Amazon but I can't see which kinds are the best. They'll be grown in a growbox or two. I'll likely buy some safe flower seeds to grow inside the house and the weeds can be grown outside in my small plot of soil.

Appreciate any links or help given. I'm in the UK if this helps. Thanks!
You can get seeds off eBay.
I bought, red clover, white clover, crimson clover, plantain, broadleaf plantain, land cress, and 5 edible plant seeds(forgot the names). Theres plenty of others. Sow thistle, dandilion , even grasses. Prices from 99p to £1.99 for quite a bag full. You could buy £20 worth and make your own mixture.

I didn't buy any dandilion seeds because if I put dandilion flowers that i collect in my vivarium they turn to seed with the heat within 1 or 2 days.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
You can get seeds off eBay.
I bought, red clover, white clover, crimson clover, plantain, broadleaf plantain, land cress, and 5 edible plant seeds(forgot the names). Theres plenty of others. Sow thistle, dandilion , even grasses. Prices from 99p to £1.99 for quite a bag full. You could buy £20 worth and make your own mixture.

I didn't buy any dandilion seeds because if I put dandilion flowers that i collect in my vivarium they turn to seed with the heat within 1 or 2 days.

My redfoot torts love these and dandilions.

Screenshot_2016-03-24-18-53-56.png

Yelloweyed

5 Year Member
SoCal California
My son will be in Surrey in August. I could have him mail a package to you.

Is it legal to transport seeds across the ocean? Plants may be considered invasive in different countries.