seed growth

Status
Not open for further replies.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento
So i planted these guys in the corner pots 5 days ago, and the other soil 3 days ago.

The pots will be removed and empty soil placed once they have grown, so i can have a level area and water and food bowls for my baby box turtle.

DSCI0001.jpg

Upclose on bermuda grass..package says 21 days to germinate! haha 3 days for me, including the clover and Dichondra

DSCI0002-1.jpg

Over view of basic set up

DSCI0003-1.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I like that the light is suspended overhead rather than clamped onto the side. But I think its too high to offer the heat benefits. What is the temp directly under the light on the soil?

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Well the temp i can check for you, but it is work. I know because the package on the Bermuda grass says, it has to be at 70 degrees and TAKE 21 days to germinate..

It only to 3!

Let me check the temp

I set my therm under there for about 2 mins and it was up to 110!

This is a very large light, i got for free and finally found a purpose for it!

Compare a over night shot!!!!!! The angle is different, but you can see the clover mound is growing, infact a hill is forming with it! I am guessing its the seedling below pushing up?

Re posting yesterday:

DSCI0001.jpg

This mornings post:

DSCI0002-2.jpg

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I keep meaning to order a seed mix, split it between two tupperware/trays, and rotate them into and out of Taco's enclosure.:cool:

Where did you get yours? :D

How's little BB coming along (choo!choo!)?

Is Rockie feeling assuaged now that you've officially and publicly acknowledged him?

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
http://sulcatafood.com - melaine ships the same day and that is the fastest growing seed i have found.

http://www.turtlestuff.com/shop/?shop=1&cart=537012&cat=39 - shipping took about a week, but it was during a 11 day rain storm.

I have also went to the local nursery and bought oat grass seed, it was called cat grass.

The oat grass looks very nice grown and doesnt need any trimming ever!!! The packet was only a 1.49 if you want me to mail it to you (if you cant find it) i will be glad to. I sure it will only need one stamp on it. Its not a seed that would be damaged from shipping

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
its so easy!!!

Just pick what you want the seeds to grow in and use some top soil and plant the seeds per directions.

This thread has links for seed.

Use a light on them 24/7 and they will grow really fast.

FYI: my clover burnt up! so no heat on it. Since I used my hood lamp for light and a old bulb, that was heating at 110 on the dirt...

Status
Not open for further replies.