San Fernando Valley CTTC Meeting THIS Friday 7:30pm Woodland Hills, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hi All,

Just a reminder that this Friday night is our monthly meeting featuring Larry Reiners as our speaker. He will present his tour of the Sea Turtle Hospital in Florida. we will also be talking about our upcoming show in May and all the progress we are making.

We welcome our regulars, new members, and friends of the turtle club at 7:30 PM, 5920 Shoup Avenue in Woodland Hills on the corner of Shoup and Oxnard. See you there.

Valley CTTC

www.tortoise.org

elvis

5 Year Member
southern calif
Hi, I'm new here and have barely figured out how to maneuver around the forum. But I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that tonights speaker was to be a gentleman about sulcatas, now this post says sea turtles . I hope to hear back from someone confirming which is correct or perhaps there are two speakers? Thank you so much, Tammy

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Sea Turtles was last month. This month is Sulcata Tortoises.

Please join us Friday April 16, 2009, at 7:30 PM for this fascinating presentation. We welcome our regulars, those of you who whom we haven’t seen lately, guests, and new members. Our meeting is located at the Woodland Hills Christian Church 5920 Shoup Avenue, Woodland Hills.

We know that Sulcatas are very large, very "cool" and don't hibernate. This month's speaker will give you the real "411" on this very interesting breed of tortoise. Dave Friend, the chairman of the executive board of CTTC, and President of the Santa Barbara/Ventura chapter has his own "Sulcata World" at his home in Ojai. He has extensive knowledge of the breed, its unique traits, its care, all of which can help you decide if a Sulcata is an appropriate pet for your family. He has given his presentation and been well-received at a number of the other chapters.

Our annual show is next month, and the planning is well under way. We have expanded the activities, and as a result, need more members to work the show. Even if you can't work the entire day, any time you can donate will be greatly appreciated We also need door prizes for the public raffle. Anyone interested in helping out, please contact Karen Berry at [email protected] or you can sign up at Friday's meeting.

Hope to see everyone there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.