Tortoise Stuff Auction March 21, 08 Woodland Hills, CA 7:30pm

do you plan on coming to the auction?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I would love to go! But CA is a long way from where I am :( Good luck with it though, I hope you have a great turn out.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
i'd also love to go but i'm heading out to phoenix to watch some baseball spring training! go ANGELS!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I'll be there I'll be the one with the Tortoiseforum. org T-shirt on. :D
See you there Cory and Anna Please make sure you come up and introduce yourself.
Cory you are having a tort show first is this correct about 4:30 or so?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Thanks Anna I think your right I don't know where I got that they were having a show before the aution. Guess I don't have to be so early.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
tomorrow friday the auction is at 7:30pm. the show is may 17th 11am to 4pm.

here is a link to the show

http://www.tortoise.org/valley/show.html

let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

by the way, you are more than welcome to bring your own tortoises and show them off at the show!! more tortoises the better!

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
well you can. there is a very large grass area where the show is going to be held. last year we had 2 large sulcatas. so you are more than welcome to bring him! i actually highly encourage it. i can help with transportation.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Here is a picture of Cory, myself and Anne at the CTTC meeting and auction. It was a lot of fun and we got some great stuff.
DSCF3381.jpg

The auction was of things belonging to Walter B. Allen owner of Casa de Trotuga.. Some History was given on Walter B. Allen and Casa de Tortuga, at the meeting. Excerpt from Te Tortuga Gazette Nov. Dec. 2007 issue volume 43 number 4 “Walter died August 2 2007. He was owner of Casa de Tortuga. He was a member of the California Tortoise and Turtle Club (CTTC) and was editor of its Tortuga Gazette for over 12 years. For over 25 years he gave tours of Casa de Tortuga six days a week with up to 3 tours a day. Schools, Scouts, churches, clubs and families all sent groups. All getting a positive education and conservation message while they “Oohed and aahed” at the turtles and the beautiful grounds.”
The Valley Chaper of the CTTC’s VP gave a talk on the meeting she had attended that was on the wild DT populations and the destruction of their habitats. It was quite interesting.
Wish we could have seen more of us from the forum there

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
haha no. the eastern painted is an aquatic turtle, and the diamondback is a terrapoin. i just ran out of room to write all the information.

josh--- if your reading this, can you increase the characters allowed to be in a signature? i would like to make mind longer.

thank you.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
im glad to see it looks like you guys had a good time! i will definitely be attending the May tortoise show so hopefully i can meet you all then!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Great to see a picture of you guys - glad you had fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.