Safe Outside Temps

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
With cooler weather here in central Florida approaching I was wondering if I should keep Opo inside again or use a outside enclosure? Opo is 1.5 yrs old and was also wondering what are safe temps for Opo to stay outside for long periods of time and also for a quick grazing in the yard?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They should not live outside until 10 inches. He should be housed in a closed chamber with high humidity and controlled temps. So, get him inside for winter and set up a closed hot and humid closed chamber according to the caresheet and closed chamber thread.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
They should not live outside until 10 inches. He should be housed in a closed chamber with high humidity and controlled temps. So, get him inside for winter and set up a closed hot and humid closed chamber according to the caresheet and closed chamber thread.
Thanks I have everything from last winter. If it is in the 60's could Opo go outside for a 1/2 or more to graze.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No, a young one like yours should be in a controlled 80 degree closed chamber until the age of 2-3 years of age or 10 inches. Even an adult should have a warmer area then 60 to go into.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
No, a young one like yours should be in a controlled 80 degree closed chamber until the age of 2-3 years of age or 10 inches. Even an adult should have a warmer area then 60 to go into.
Thanks, I am glad for Opo it doesn't stay cold for long in Florida. I will have to pick the day's when it's over 80 to let Opo graze.