RV in the shade

Status
Not open for further replies.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, arizona
It has been so miserable here in Sunny Arizona we've been watering our citrus on a rotating basis. RV has been following the hose. Today we find her under the tangerine (barely big enough to hold her in the well, she makes do)
DSCN1720.jpg

and another. yes, we did take the hose and wash off all the wonderful muck she'd tossed up on her carapace. much to her displeasure..
DSCN1717.jpg

and this pic was from a few days ago, when she was wallowing in the muck under the lemon tree. She didn't come out for treats until she was done, thank you. And she did know they were there for her.
DSCN1645.jpg

DSCN1651.jpg

-JM

5 Year Member
what wonderful pictures! I like the second one where she's enjoying the shade the best :)
thank you for sharing!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Is it a sin to covet thy neighbor's tortoise?

I am in love with RV. Her and Bob would make wonderful babies together.

-JM

5 Year Member
Tom said:

I sure hope it isn't. Either way, I have a huge case of Tort envy.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Now that is one good-looking Sulcata!! Spoiled too ;)
And I LOVE her name :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I think Tom is exactly right and that you and RV should take a trip up to Maggie's. :D It's a win win situation, Bob has fun and you get to cool down and possibly get some babies out of it. :p Poor RV and you, it's so hot there. :(

rwfoss

5 Year Member
Sharstar, what part of AZ are you in? Carla, my torts and I are in Florence (north of downtown in the Anthem community). Had Petunia (my sulcata) out yesterday and found her by the back door. First time she's done that. "OK, I'm ready to come inside!"

Love seeing pics of RV - he's a beautiful tort!

Rick

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
Sharstar, what part of AZ are you in?

South Phoenix, just about a mile north of South Mountain. Our yard is small, really wish I had more room for RV to motor about, but she seems content with what she has. Her burrow is in the center of the yard, and she dug down northward toward the house, and then it curves back around again. Thankfully not under any structure or the fence. My concerns are the pine tree (I'm going out to rake the yard shortly) and the big red ants that sometimes stream over the wall. How big is your tort? do you have outside enclosure? growing cactus and weeds? RV loves the bermuda grass, thankfully. and any weeds we can grow.....

Tom said:

And what does Bert say about you trying to play matchmaker with Bob and RV?

Status
Not open for further replies.