Russian tortoise seed mix questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
I bought it and it grows in coco coir indoors. I haven't gotten past the first week of growth though so I can't tell you much beyond that. :p

Blastoise

5 Year Member
I had no idea you could plant in coco coir! I'm gonna do that tomorrow! Are there any specific things you need to do to it? Or just water it and let it grow?

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
Plants may germinate in moist coco coir, but they will die in a few days to a week if they don't have true soil for good nutrition. I bought Carolina Pet Supply's Tortoise Seed Mix over a month ago, and sewed the seeds in planters on my porch. They are growing nicely. I already offered my Russian tortoises some of the clover, which they didn't eat, but I kind of figured they wouldn't like clover. We'll see how they like the other, bigger forbs like sunflower and chicory soon. :)

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
I think if it says "Russian Tortoise Seed Mix" it should grow Russian tortoises. Just sayin'.

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Oh wow, I thought coir would mostly work. Ok, I've got some plant soil. I'll mix in a bit.

68merc

10 Year Member!
Fresno, CA
Here is my seed mix from CPS. I only have one tortoise in this pen, I'm hoping this stuff will establish and grow next spring too.
2012-06-22_07-16-28_487.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.