Russian tort not eating

spoilers

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Ohio
With a heavy heart I am sad to say my tortoise churri has passed away, thank you all for trying to help figure out what was wrong with him but it's too late now, he is gone, and I can't help but think that I did something wrong. I wish I knew that his lack of eating would come to this. But I was lucky to have him. I rescued him two years ago and for those two great years he was spoiled and loved.

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Oh wow, I'm so sorry for your loss. That's a very fast turn around. It's really unsettling and unexpected when adult tortoises pass away like that. My sincere condolences.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
I'm so sorry!! I had no idea it would come to this, I can only imagine that there was something internally wrong with him, and that it was nothing you did. I'm sure his lack of hunger must have been a symptom of something bigger. I'm glad you were able to give him such a wonderful life before he passed away. I'm sorry. :(

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
With a heavy heart I am sad to say my tortoise churri has passed away, thank you all for trying to help figure out what was wrong with him but it's too late now, he is gone, and I can't help but think that I did something wrong. I wish I knew that his lack of eating would come to this. But I was lucky to have him. I rescued him two years ago and for those two great years he was spoiled and loved.

Very sorry to have just heard about your loss.

Please accept my sincere condolences.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Sometimes a rescue doesn't make it. Sometimes you can't undo previous damage. It can be heartbreaking.