Russian eggs

Texas

Location (City and/or State)
Dallas, Texas
My Russian female laid four eggs. They had been in the incubator 7 days when I had to leave town for 2 1/2 days. Somehow, the thermostat did not turn on the heat at some point, so the eggs were at 77F when I got back. I don’t know if they were at 77 the whole 2 1/2 days, or only hours, so I’m going to assume all 2 1/2 days. Of course I fixed the temperature as soon as I saw that. Will 2 1/2 days at 77 ruin these eggs if they were fertile? Anyone had no power to incubator for that long?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My Russian female laid four eggs. They had been in the incubator 7 days when I had to leave town for 2 1/2 days. Somehow, the thermostat did not turn on the heat at some point, so the eggs were at 77F when I got back. I don’t know if they were at 77 the whole 2 1/2 days, or only hours, so I’m going to assume all 2 1/2 days. Of course I fixed the temperature as soon as I saw that. Will 2 1/2 days at 77 ruin these eggs if they were fertile? Anyone had no power to incubator for that long?
Won't hurt a thing. They have extremely variable and volatile weather where they come from. Cold spells are normal during the course of incubation. Egg laid in the fall will sit under snow all winter and then hatch in summer.

Did you use the correct incubation media, and not wet it? Here is some info to help:

Texas

Dallas, Texas
Won't hurt a thing. They have extremely variable and volatile weather where they come from. Cold spells are normal during the course of incubation. Egg laid in the fall will sit under snow all winter and then hatch in summer.

Did you use the correct incubation media, and not wet it? Here is some info to help:
Thank you!!