Runny nose

yitzysturtles

Location (City and/or State)
monsey ny
Hi what do I do if I think my baby sulucta tortoise is starting to have the runny nose syndrome???

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Is there any way I can buy antibiotics ?
I know how much you want to help your little guy, but I don't think buying antibiotics without having your tortoise diagnosed would be a very good idea. I think you would need a vet to first properly diagnose, and properly dose medication.

Destben

Kansas
Could you tell us about your enclosure so that we can try and pin point what caused it so it doesn’t happen again

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi what do I do if I think my baby sulucta tortoise is starting to have the runny nose syndrome???
Raise your temperatures.

RIs are usually caused by low temps, especially at night. I see two white lights, a purple one and a florescent tube, but I don't see any night heat. You need a CHE, or two, set on a thermostat to keep your ambient above 80 day and night all over the entire enclosure. For a tortoise showing RI symptoms, keep temps above 85 day and night. Ambient should climb into the 90s during the day, plus a 100 degree basking area. You will probably need to cover the top to keep the heat and humidity in. Soak daily for at least 30-40 minutes with this increased heat. Keep the heat up until two weeks after symptoms disappear. Then you can start letting ambient drop back down to 80 at night.

Your life would be much easier and your tortoise's life better with a closed chamber.