Location (City and/or State)
Germany
This is a beautiful looking baby ! :tort::<3:
It seems that there are secret runes written on his carapax....:eek::D
What will the baby tell us ???:):):)

Erik Elvis

Delaware
Any updates on the little guys? Weathers warming up over here on the north east coast.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hm-m-m-. . . my three clutches of SA eggs are still cooking, and it doesn't look good for any of them hatching. Oh well, there's always this year.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hm-m-m-. . . my three clutches of SA eggs are still cooking, and it doesn't look good for any of them hatching. Oh well, there's always this year.
My hatch rates have been terrible. I'm not sure what isn't working, but I'm going to try a some new things this year.

For starters, I'm going to leave the eggs in the ground over winter and dig them all up in spring for incubation. I've bought little baskets and stakes to cover the nest sites and protect them, but still leave the ground open to the elements.

Next, I'm building a new incubator out of a non-funtioning wine fridge so that I can incubate with a night drop. I'll put some eggs in the regular incubator and some in the night drop incubator and compare hatch rates.

Finally, depending on how my incubation experiment with the acidic peat moss goes, I might start incubating the leopard eggs on some peat moss too.

Erik Elvis

Delaware
Hey Tom. Do ya think you’ll have one for me in a few weeks? Any chance of picking one out?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey Tom. Do ya think you’ll have one for me in a few weeks? Any chance of picking one out?
I have 8 now and more should hatch in the next few months, so yes. 4 just hatched last week, so those will be ready to go in a few weeks. I like to hold them for 6-8 weeks to get some size on them and get them eating everything. I'll do a for sale thread and post some pics tomorrow.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Here ya go Erik. These are the four that are ready for shipping now. The other four will need a few more weeks, and more will hatch over the next couple of months.
IMG_5203.JPG