Romance for Tortoises 101

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Ahhh fellow tortoises, this is Romeo I.B. Tortoise. I am here today because on this day of love, I have been asked by many how to get the tortoise of my dreams into a little ummm shell play shall we say.

hearts_zpse815cb45.jpg

Now don't be scared, there is nothing to romancing the tortoise of your heart... trust me.
344094vncfa1r88m.gif

First, let her know this is not just any day, but a special one for the two of you. Send her a special invite for a feast for the heart. I like sending the invite with a small offering of flowers. No, no, not the roses. Be daring and go with something to show your lady this is special night for a uniquely special female. Why not go with a bunch of lilacs for instance.
heartliliac_zps9b3824ce.jpg

To start making the romance of the night more then just an idea in your mind, but also to get her thinking the same way, create a romantic trail of rose petals. Not too many, or else she will have her fill nibbling them before she ever gets to the main event.
trailofrosepetals_zps9899848c.jpg

A nice warm soak in a tub filled with more of those rose petals and a view of an amazing sunset for just two, what better way to start the date? Besides it will make sure she is clean and fresh for you, will it not? I mean really who wants a muddy date?
tubwithroses_zps85166fb2.jpg

While soaking, tempt her with a basket of succulent, dripping with sweetness, strawberries.
basketstrawberries_zps8c913a24.jpg

Don't forget to have a little background music going.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypyiAT1RelU

We want to have a little substance along with all our sweet delights this night, so prepare a salad made of only the freshest, most tender of greens imaginable.
romanticsalad_zps97b63e0c.jpg

Then for the main course a rose heart filled with warm Mazuri. Whoa there, remember this is for her and you get to share with her, not gulp it all down right now.
roseheart_zps26476d15.jpg

Perhaps for dessert, a bit of apple? After all it is such a romantic fruit.
heartapple_zps7ee5be9c.jpg

If all has gone well, by now she is under your spell and it's time to turn the lights down low. Candles would be so much nicer, but you don't want any more flames starting then the one your going to be trying to ignite in her.
heartlightbulb_zpsd79a2c41.jpg

Now if you can just keep that pesky human from breaking your concentration and invading your privacy....
manwithcamera_zps30f0479d.jpg

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Ahhh hello Romeo, I am Bob.
I prepared my short- tailed partner a nice meal and a soak with hibiscus petals.
[BLACK HEART SUIT]
And you know, those humans make most excellent chefs.

Attachments

• 1392428540159.jpg
    1392428540159.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 50

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
***Yvonne turns to Misty and whispers behind her hand, "I certainly hope Jacqui didn't enter the February contest. That one looks like a winner!! Oh, no...wait...She messed up! There's no tortoise in any of the pictures!!! We're all safe."***

***Meanwhile, Misty looks at Yvonne while twirling her paw in a circular motion alongside her head***

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
"she will have her fill nibbling them before she ever gets to the main event."
XD This is hilarious

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
hunterk997 said: