:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Blackburn, U.K.
hey im a 12 year old red footed tortoise owner im just wondering if i could ever "train" my tortoise to follow me or come to me on demand hello this would help please dont give give me any grief i just wanna know thanks

Tyler:rolleyes:

Attachments

• lola.php
    87.5 KB · Views: 44

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Bummer, I cannot pull up your photo of Lola.

Lots of keepers on here have tortoises respond to their mere presence by walking over to them looking for food or attention. Tortoises are very intelligent and many have outgoing, curious personalities--Redfoots are known for their interactive nature.

How old is your little one? Can you post some more photos, especially of her set-up? Tortoises need a warm and humid environmnent in order to be able to digest food or have energy for exploration and playfulness.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
i dont know how to put pictures on sorry i will try again and she is about 4 1/2 5 years old and she is 13.1cm i am 12 years old myself!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Most tortoises recognize the "food god." And they will come to you thinking you are going to feed them. So, chances are good that, yes, you will be able to train your tortoise to come to you.

I hope none of us will ever give a new member any grief. We've all been where you are at one time or another, Tyler. So if you have questions, no matter if you think they're silly or not...ask away. We love to help people. And you being 12, you just might be our youngest member! Of course we'll help you!

Status
Not open for further replies.