Status
Not open for further replies.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Help......
Please help.
I have a juvenile sulcata. She has an enclosure, but when she is active I let her out to roam and get exercise. I keep an eye on her most of the time, but I can't be there all the time. Anyways, I soak her daily and I've noticed rocks in her poop. I'm really worried. I feed her opuntia, mazuri, timothy hay, dandelion, grass, cucumbers, carrots, and grassland tortoise food. Most of this is occasionally except the grasses and weeds. I also scrape some Cuttle one on her food. Something else I've noticed. She has been searching for dog poop too. My whole back yard is rocks because I live in Arizona. What is going on ?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Torts are infamous in the poo eating department (any poo will doo)...rocks could be due to a variety of reasons, they look tasty--they are trying to maintain their beaks---they are perhaps deficient in some type of minerals---they are eating them to aid in digestion of food items in their gut---they simply like to freak out their human counterparts.....lol...

Keep your tort hydrated....keep the poo picked up....a few rocks alone are not going to harm your tort (unless they are consuming alot or the rocks are really large)....

Status
Not open for further replies.