RIP @jsheffield

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Oh no that is terrible! Do we know if there is a place to make donations in his memory? He had recently rescued an Aldabra from Craigslist, I hope they are being cared for.
The little Aldabra is Dozer. Thread about him is in the Madagascar tortoises section.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Facebook...he passed on Wednesday. Maybe someone, who has Facebook can read it, then post?
I looked on FB and didn't find anything, just a few condolences. He had been sick since November.
@Kapidolo Farms was a FB friend of his. Maybe he knows more.

Last edited:

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Also found this on Jamie’s website. I don’t plan on posting anything else from his site as his life was his own, but I know people here will be concerned about his tortoises. It appears he had a plan, something ALL of us should do. But I did leave a condolence message and said that people here would try to help if possible, if needed.

Attachments

• IMG_7938.png
    IMG_7938.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7939.png
    IMG_7939.png
    199.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7940.jpeg
    IMG_7940.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 5

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
While I didn’t know Jamie well he was an active member on here, while TFO is definitely not as active in a whole today it will be a different place without @jsheffield rest in peace we will miss you

😳…. I knew him from all of his great advice.( for this dumb Sulcata owner.)
I am hurt by this loss.
I am so sorry to find this out
May he go to God In peace, you are now in a better place.
I will miss you terribly. 😭🙏

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
I woke this morning full of optimism and excitement for our new baby tort, then read this. Terrible, for someone so loved to leave this world so soon. I did not know this man personally but can't help to feel "He's one of us" ... To the family that must be lost at this time ... This man touched so many people, helped so many in their time of need. He will live on in the hearts of not only the people but the torts he loved so much. The Egyptians believed that as long as ones name is spoken in this world that person still lives ... Jaime Sheffield