Right Mazuri?

AnimalLady

No. Most people don't. I do use it. But I've been using less and less because my group would eat anything.
I haven't used it yet, I keep saying I will but then I find some awesome weeds and don't need to, go figure!

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
I'm one who likes and uses Mazuri for all my charges. I buy it in the 25 lb bags right from manufacturers website & have it delivered. I have both the regulate and the LS.

Even my box turtles eat some. But for them I got the crocodilian type.

My reasoning is this - it has good nutritional additives, including calcium. They get huge variety from me, and Mazuri is a part of that.

Yes , I know they can live just fine on the weeds and grasses available but ... With the depletion of nutrients in our soils as well as variable nutrient contents , the addition of this tort food gives me security.

I find it stores very well in plastic bins in my closet. Stays fine for a long time. My first bag lasted me a year.

I don't believe you can go very wrong with supplemental feeding of the tortoise pellets. It is when your tortoise eats ONLY one thing that problems develop , just as it would for us.

Even my sulcatas get a piece of fruit & squash & boiled egg once a month. And they seem to relish it.

Variety is what I often advocate. Their bodies will use what is needed and discard the rest.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Thanks, Mike. I have about 20 pounds that I keep in a plastic tote with a top on it. I've often wondered if it goes "bad" and if so, when.
I also have an unopened bag but it seems to not be made of anything special. maybe waxed paper?
It's not unusual for an opened bag to sit partially for about a year and I've never seen or smelled any difference in it.
No bugs. Nothing.