Ricky Bobby is now rolling solo

aundreagwen

Ricky Bobby's housemate went to his new home tonight. We have noticed some aggressive behaviours from them both this week so it came at a great time. I think their new wonderful habitat may have brought out these behaviours. No more sharing a 2x3 box with little stimulation for these guys. I am very appreciative of all the great advice from members this week. My friend and I are both excited to give these little guys wonderful homes for the rest of their lives. Ricky Bobby now has his habitat all to himself. He is knee deep in kale and swiss chard and looks very happy. I have read conflicting things about swiss chard. This is the first time we have given it and he definitely enjoys the kale more. Is it okay in moderation?

Attachments

• 1445133518311.jpg
    1445133518311.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 1445133532909.jpg
    1445133532909.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 1445133550399.jpg
    1445133550399.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 23

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad they are enjoying their new homes. I feed both sparingly along with a wide variety of items to both my Russian and leopards

aundreagwen

I have been feeding them field greens mix so far. I live in a somewhat rural area so there isn't a huge variety of green. And we should be under a few feet of snow soon lol

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If you must use grocery store foods favor endive and escarole. Spring mix is good too. You can make it better by mixing in a soaked ZooMed pellet or sprinkling on some herbal hay or some "Salad Style" blended grass hay.

Chard and kale are both okay once in a while, but not all the time. Also look for cilantro, dandelion greens, mustard, turnip and collard greens, celery and carrot tops, bok choy, etc...

Nephelle

Pittsburgh, PA
Ricky Bobby's housemate went to his new home tonight. We have noticed some aggressive behaviours from them both this week so it came at a great time. I think their new wonderful habitat may have brought out these behaviours. No more sharing a 2x3 box with little stimulation for these guys. I am very appreciative of all the great advice from members this week. My friend and I are both excited to give these little guys wonderful homes for the rest of their lives. Ricky Bobby now has his habitat all to himself. He is knee deep in kale and swiss chard and looks very happy. I have read conflicting things about swiss chard. This is the first time we have given it and he definitely enjoys the kale more. Is it okay in moderation?

"Ricky Bobby", I love it!!! I bet he is happy to be king of his castle :)

Yay for happy babies!! :<3::<3:

aundreagwen

At night he likes to sleep cuddled up to the fountain in the corner as opposed to his hideaway at the other end of the habitat. Anyone know why that would be? The CHE is close to the fountain.

aundreagwen

I found dandelion greens and collard greens at the grocery store today. He was not a fan of the collard greens. He really enjoyed the dandelion and the cilatro I got for him. I always throw away cilantro because I never use it fast enough. Not anymore!

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Hm, I have not yet tried cilantro with my Russian. He gets a lot of greens from wildflowers we grow out back. He loves dandelion as well! I also have some aster, hibiscus, geranium, monkey flower, mallow, and 5-foot tall evening primrose... lots of treats! :D