Respiratory infection

Lovechell69

Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
I know I did. I posted a second reply saying this thread is confusing me. I’m sorry though I should have apologized for my mistake first. Its not a excuse but I haven’t felt good and the topic being discussed I didn’t see everything. I don’t even get email alerts half of the time for some reason. I do apologize though

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I know I did. I posted a second reply saying this thread is confusing me. I’m sorry though I should have apologized for my mistake first. Its not a excuse but I haven’t felt good and the topic being discussed I didn’t see everything. I don’t even get email alerts half of the time for some reason. I do apologize though
No worries!

lorena.r

Durham, NC
It’s not a dumb question. My baby sulcata is recovering from a respiratory infection. From what I know it could be one or multiple things. Humidity temperature diet substrate calcium deficiency. I had to get a antibiotic for my little girl. Unfortunately turtles don’t do medication by mouth so they give injections. My girl is small so she has been getting a injection of baytril every three days. The vet gave the first and I’ve been giving the others. Carrot soaks aren’t a cure but they do help when they’re sick. Someone in here told me about them and I read about them. Nasal flushes and cleaning the nose is good also. If they can’t smell food my girl won’t touch it. I don’t know if people give Sulcatas colds or the flu. I use hand sanitizer before and after I handle her. I just do it not because anyone told me to. I’m fairly new here but I have been going through treating a sulcata with a respiratory infection and research but mostly the people in this group have been great helping me with much needed information opinions and support. Keep asking any questions you have. I did so much research and everything conflicted each other confusing me so much. Vets as some have told me are way behind on knowledge and treatment. I have learned more here and I feel it’s dead on. Who’s better to provide answers than people who have been doing this

Hi, I'm going through the same thing right now. Did your tort make a full recovery?

Lovechell69

Arkansas
Hi, I'm going through the same thing right now. Did your tort make a full recovery?
She recovered very well and faster than I expected. The carrot baths are mostly to keep them eating because the baytril is really hard on the stomach. I was doing those daily for a week the nasal flushes twice a day and the cleaning the nose with alcohol on a q-tip several times a day. Before a week went by she wasn’t open mouth breathing she started eating great. She looked so much better as far as clear eyes. She not only gained her weight back but now she’s 122 grams. I got her on the pretense she was a year old but she was a baby weighing 52 grams before getting sick lost to 42 grams fast. She is now a beauty with a personality that’s amazing. Thank you for asking about her