Rescuing a sick little leopard tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesst

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I have been watching how my local reptile store is taking care of their hatchlings and finally had enough a few weeks ago when I realized they didn't have any heat on them. On Saturday I went in their to get some rats and noticed 2 of the were not there anymore and asked what happened. They told me they died. So I offered to pay them $50 for thr last little tort. He doesn't seem soft but keeps his eyes closed all of the time. My question is how probable is that he will turn around or is it just add a lot of heat and see how he will do. He does still eat but looks kind of skinny. Any advise will be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

HerbsMommy

5 Year Member
Definitely keep him warm and humid. Poor little guy, he's very lucky you rescued him! I would take him to your vet for a checkup to make sure he's doing ok

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
And don't forget those baby food and/or bird vitamin soaks that some of the experts have shared with us. I think twice a day might be a good thing. Nice and warm and hydrating. Little ah-ha-spaaaa!

Thank you for rescuing the little leopard from that pet shop. Why?oh why? do they not know better? Those other 2 should not be dead. Not fair. RIP little leopards. The pet shop should have donated this baby to you. Good luck Jess, you are an angel! : )

HerbsMommy

5 Year Member
Pedialyte soaks too! Make sure it's warm and diluted with water. Get the clear, non flavored kind. I've been soakin my little sicky boy in it lately so he gets adequate nutrition and hydration

Status
Not open for further replies.