Rescued Russian and Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

gossmom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
Hi All,
I havent posted much but have been getting tons of info of off here. Everyone is full of great advice. I have Moses my sulcata Hatchling whom I am in total love with. But of course i feel like their potato chips I can't have just one. I was looking on craigslist and found an ornate box turtle and I also found a Russian as well. Long story short I ended up with both of them. I just got them last night. Both are living in small aquariums both had lights but niether worked and one lived in mulched and the other in cedar shavings. They both have very long beaks and very long nails. I came home with a huge migraine knowing that these two had lived long lives like this. The owner of the Russian told me they had him for 9 years but got him from Petco so they had no idea how old he is. The Lady I got the boxie from said her previous owner got her from a pet store here in Georgia. I didnt think that was to likely since that would be illegal here. And she was eating a wonderful dinner of iceberg lettuce :( I couldnt leave either one in those types of conditions so their with me now. And thanks to all the great info I have gotten off of this forum they will be living a much better life. I have the vet coming out Monday to clip their beaks and nails. So thanks for the ear I just needed to vent. i am sure you will be hearing from me more now that I have gotten myself in way to deep . Sorry for the long post:rolleyes:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, welcome to the club, Nicole!! You're correct...you can't just have one.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Russians and boxes are great tortoises and turtles ( respectively).

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Good for you! I would rescue everyone if I could! :)
But so far I have only saved my Russian Ophelia from a sad living situation.
And I can understand why you are in love with your Sully Moses, they are just toooo perfect! :) Just my opinion though. :p
Have a great day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.