RES Shell

ladyvalkyrie

Location (City and/or State)
Fort Sill, Oklahoma
I'm a worry wart. I'm not even gonna try to hide it. All the research in the world doesn't prepare you for the day you have your own shell babies and trying to do right by them.

But anyways, this is my Apollo. She's got a little pink on her underside- is that growth or something else? And when I first brought her home, her scutes were peeling like crazy, but she has shed most of them and it has slowed down significantly. What worries me is the peeling on her spine, and the green. Is that just algae? It wasn't there when I brought her home.

Thank y'all so much!

photo 1.JPG photo 2.jpg

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
i'm with ascott more info is called for what is the water temp what are you feeding do he have a land area pictures of his enclosure might help

ladyvalkyrie

Fort Sill, Oklahoma
The water temp is kept at 80, she eats river shrimp and Reptomin, and she has two areas to bask. She's also testing out the kale I tossed in there. She's a super shy basker but I have seen her bask. image.jpg

ladyvalkyrie

Fort Sill, Oklahoma
She does. It's not as high as I'd like it, but she does swim and can be submerged. I'm working on getting a bigger habitat for her.