Reptiles magazine article

Status
Not open for further replies.

acrantophis

5 Year Member
I don't keep Russians, but there is a nice little article in the new reptiles magazine about them. The issue has 2 baby horned frogs on the cover. It has nice pictures and a bit about breeding. Just a little heads up!

Blastoise

5 Year Member
I read the article today at the pet store. It had some good info, and I'm gonna build an enclosure like in the article to try and breed my tortoises in a couple years. One thing the article said that surprised me was that you don't need a UV light to raise Russians! I've heard of one forum member that does this with success but uses D3 supplements regularly, but I'm keeping my powersun right where it is.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
I've been waiting for this article, if it's the same one I'm thinking of, there is a member here, Ryan, who was writing an article for reptile magazine on steppe tortoises.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ooh! He (Ryan) told me about that. I've gotta go get that one. I know the author and now he's famous! I wonder if he'll still autograph a copy for me... :D

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
Tom said:
Ooh! He (Ryan) told me about that. I've gotta go get that one. I know the author and now he's famous! I wonder if he'll still autograph a copy for me... :D

Yes, he had told me about it back when I was looking to get my hatchlings. I'm pretty sure he told me it would be in Septembers issue, is Septembers issue out already?

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
Blastoise said:
I read the article today at the pet store. It had some good info, and I'm gonna build an enclosure like in the article to try and breed my tortoises in a couple years. One thing the article said that surprised me was that you don't need a UV light to raise Russians! I've heard of one forum member that does this with success but uses D3 supplements regularly, but I'm keeping my powersun right where it is.

Interesting but I like my UV light. It has a name and everything! lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.