reptile rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehopkins12

5 Year Member
hey everyone. I've decided that the most efficient and space saving way to house several reptile species would be a reptile rack or some sort. I've got a few ideas. I was thinking of building one. I also was looking at this: metal shelving So I was wondering if anyone on here uses a rack and wouldn't mind posting pictures so I can get some ideas. thanks!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The reason I don't like the rack system is because it is sometimes hard to administer to the habitats in the middle and bottom. Also, it is difficult to get your lights high enough.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Here are a few pics of mine. It's difficult to get much more "compact" with tortoise enclosures and still be able to provide adequate spacing for lighting and area to work in as Yvonne stated.
enclosure-2.jpg

enclosure-4.jpg

enclosure-8.jpg

Lori J

5 Year Member
New York
GBtortoises said:
Here are a few pics of mine. It's difficult to get much more "compact" with tortoise enclosures and still be able to provide adequate spacing for lighting and area to work in as Yvonne stated.
enclosure-2.jpg

enclosure-4.jpg

enclosure-8.jpg

that really is nice. you can tell how much you truley love your tourts!

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
I've been planning a rack system in my head for awhile now.I think it will look almost the same as GB's (very nice looking by the way) except I'll have each 1 on track systems like kitchen drawers if you will.

I'm planning on making a light bar across the top of each 1 connected so when you pull the *drawer* out the lighting comes with it.It would be pretty simple to make (I'm a carpenter)it all work, I just haven't found the tracks I need for the *drawers*.

Being able to pull them out and completely off if needed will make cleaning so much easier.Anyways,it's on my *to do list* after I get a new out-door enclosure set up and a pond/stream for my turtles.

I'm horrible at explanations on the comp. so I hope it makes a little sense.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It makes quite a bit of sense. Being able to pull them out to administer to the contents makes it 100% easier. That changes the whole idea and makes it quite a nice space saver.

Status
Not open for further replies.