Reptile Beauty Contest!! Is she ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston, Texas
Karasi will be participating in a cold-blooded beauty contest hosted by Petco on June 2nd and 3rd, and I wanted to get everyones opinion on what I made for her to wear! I was on a low budget, and when i made it i didnt measure her first... but all in all I think she's adorable, but my mothers eye may be different from judge eyes! lol!

004-3.jpg

007-3.jpg

006-3.jpg

005-3.jpg

^Video of how adorable she looks walking around in it, lol!!
;);););):tort::tort::tort::tort:

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Thank you :D I really hope she does!
I'll be posting pictures of my competitors as well when I see them June 2nd and 3rd :p

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
KimandKarasi said:
Thank you :D I really hope she does!
I'll be posting pictures of my competitors as well when I see them June 2nd and 3rd :p

You should really give the competitors the evil eye

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
wellington said:
Such a beauty queen, she's got first place for sure. I love the butt shot too:D
Haha! Thank you guys :D I like how her butt waddles when she walks :p the video works right?

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
lushcious said:
I love it! She looks amazing ;)

Awww, thank you! :D I'm pretty pumped about this contest, lol, but I hear a lot of people bring their A game.. they say last year a guy brought in a snake with little fake legs on him, haha! (though I have no idea how they got them to stay on, but it's a funny mental image to me :p)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
wellington said:
I don't see a link to a video. Does anyone else?

The last picture links to a video.

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
My little girl won first place!(on the second day.. XD) and got me a 15 dollar gift card! :D totally worth it! :p

this video I have to put up, because it cracked me UP!!! At first I was watching the huge iguana a guy brought.. then at the top right corner I see Karasi doing a dance to try and get at some strawberries!! haha!!! (please excuse my less-than-attractive laugh :p I was just caught offguard :D)
http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab234/Amethyst1117/?action=view&current=010-5.mp4

Then I finally gave her some.. :p This was her first time eating them, and she obviously liked it!
http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab234/Amethyst1117/?action=view&current=007-4.mp4

And here were some of the other contestants (the huge iguana you saw was one, aand there was another that was a beautiful bright orange but for some reason my phone didnt save the photo of that one :( And some kids brought hermit crabs... which obviously arent reptiles, but because the store owner felt sorry for them she let them enter.. :rolleyes: )

I LOVE how they dressed up this beardie! He even had an aluminum helmet with horns and a spike-ball tail cover XD he was always knocking them off though, lol!

008-5.jpg

And a Russian tortoise with a hawaiian shirt sticker on his shell XD his little container was done so cute too!

011-1.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have to admit, I am a bit disappointed or perhaps disillusioned is the right term. When I saw the sign at the store advertising they were having this, I thought great folks showing of their healthy animals. Not meaning the animals you showed, including yours were not healthy. :p Not sure how to explain this, maybe I should say it this way... I thought it was going to be animals using their natural health and beauty, along with personality to win. The use of costumes shocks me. I think the costume should be kept for the Halloween shows. Sorry just me being a fuddy duddy. I just find the costume detracts from the reptiles.

Yours was cute and my first thought was she would make a cute ring barrier at some wedding. ;)

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Jacqui said:
I have to admit, I am a bit disappointed or perhaps disillusioned is the right term. When I saw the sign at the store advertising they were having this, I thought great folks showing of their healthy animals. Not meaning the animals you showed, including yours were not healthy. :p Not sure how to explain this, maybe I should say it this way... I thought it was going to be animals using their natural health and beauty, along with personality to win. The use of costumes shocks me. I think the costume should be kept for the Halloween shows. Sorry just me being a fuddy duddy. I just find the costume detracts from the reptiles.

Yours was cute and my first thought was she would make a cute ring barrier at some wedding. ;)

I asked the cashier if it was going to be based on the health and coloration and such, but he told me that it was a matter of creativity :p so I completely understand where you're coming from. :p and (even though by the time I get married she will be MUCH bigger.) I will make her another one to fit so she can be my ring bearer! That'll be something! :D (my family would probably get mad at me knowing them, but its my wedding right? ;) lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.