Reptifogger

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Akron, OH
I bought a Reptifogger about a month and a half ago and it stopped working. Where the actual fog it sprays out mostly water droplets, not enough fog to come out of the tube. Has anyone had this problem? Is there some kind of general maintenance I failed to do? So annoyed since they cost so much haha. Thanks in advanced.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Were you using tap water or purified water? Also try removing the hose and make sure no water is trapped in the hose stopping the fog from coming out.

DerekS

5 Year Member
Akron, OH
I was using tap water. Should I be using purified? And I did scrub everything down. It did have quite a bit of build up on it, so maybe that was what went wrong.

slowpoke

5 Year Member
colorado springs, colorado
i made my own fogger for less than 20 buck ... i had some of the stuff already ...
1 computer fan (wired to a 7.5 plug)
1 block of wood about the size of the computer fan
1 seal tight tupperware container (wife got mad)
some caulk
3 foot of tubing
altrasonic mister/fogger (like 9 bucks on ebay)
1 timer (turns on 3 times a day)
this way also you can clean it or change out that little disk for the altrasonic mister ....

for got to add the block of wood is a barrier drills small holes in it , dont cut out a big hole or your fan will get moisture in it (not good) i went through 2 fans before i got that lol

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Tap water causes build up and can damage the repti fogger, its best to use purified water.

Status
Not open for further replies.