Relieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

tessacat1795

5 Year Member
After we first got Myrtle home, she would poop piles of pellets, then had some diarrhea, then nothing now for a week. She has been peeing regularly, after about 4 days of chalky urates at first. She finally pooped today! A lot. "Turds" this time. Sorry for all the details, but just trying to get a bead on things. After reading some other info on here and other places I was wondering... do you think it took her so long to poop because she hadn't eaten in a while before we got her, and it just took that long for the food to process through her system? Or just culture shock from coming home? She has some pyramiding, and a "dent" in the back of her shell, so I am assuming she hasn't had the best of care. She got to got run around and eat a bunch of fun stuff outside, then came in and did her business. She's been eating a LOT, and enjoying herself. I did give her a little pumpkin last night, so maybe that's what got her going? Sorry to ramble, just thoughts as they occur to me. Any input, advice, thoughts, whatever, would be great.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Probably a little of everything. Not the best diet, probably not hydrated properly, the move to a new place, all of the above. Keep feeding the better diet, keep her hydrated, depending on size soak a couple times a week and plenty of sunshine and time to adjust to her new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.